Sublime Soaks from Aso to Zaou
Onsen Tours of Japan
www.OnsenJapan.net generally offers 2 group hot spring trips per year, one in the fall and one in the spring, the latter timed to hit the cherry blossom viewing season (if possible!), when many baths are at their most beautiful. Our tours are intimate, between 6-12 people, and are geared towards learning to love and understand Japan while luxuriating in some of the country's finest onsen. We use small or medium sized Japanese-style inns, many of them with their own onsen baths. We do not use giant buses or impersonal, chain hotels. Long distance travel within Japan is done on the Shinkansen, the bullet train. Our tours are competitively priced (depends on the exchange rate, but usually less than $4000/per person/double occupancy) and are longer than most high-end tours, giving you time to get over jet-lag and really enjoy yourself. All tours, dates, and prices are subject to change due to any number of conditions including exchange rates and number of people on the tour, and do not include airfare to or from Japan. A 50% deposit is required to reserve a spot in a tour, refundable only if OnsenJapan.net is unable to offer the tour.
2012-2013 Tour Schedule
Note: Please sign up for our e-newsletter to get information about our tours. WE DO NOT SPAM and send only a few emails per year. Sign up here!
- Onsen Secrets in the Kumano Region (Fall 2012)
- This tour will highlight some of the best "secret" onsen in Wakayama Prefecture, near Osaka, including a stop at Shirahama Onsen, with its stunning oceanside rotenburos, Ryuujin Onsen, one of the three top "Bijin No Yu" (Beautifying Waters), Rakuda No Yu Onsen (a magnificent soak by the oceanside), and many others. Walks along the UNESCO listed pilgrimage roads, a river excursion, and visits to shrines or markets are also part of the fun. Breakfasts, dinners, lodging, and transportation within Wakayama will be included. With the autumn leaves turning brilliant gold, orange or red, you can't find anything more special than soaking in an onsen and looking up at the full moon. Come explore this magical and still unknown part of Japan -- the Kumano Kodo area onsen tour with OnsenJapan.net.Register NOW!!!
- Secrets of the South (Spring 2013)
- This tour will focus on quirkier, more rustic onsen that many people -- Japanese and foreigners alike -- feel capture the true essence of what an onsen should be. This tour will uncover the best-of-the-best onsen in far south Japan, where live volcanoes still send ash plumes high into the sky. Highlights may include Ibusuki, in Kagoshima, Shironoyu, in Kirishima, where one can bathe in a hot mountain stream, and Kurokawa, currently one of the top rated onsen villages in all of Japan.
- Private Guided Tours/Interpretation/Itinerary Planning:
- If a group tour is not for you, OnsenJapan.net can also arrange private guided trips or find interpreters at reasonable rates. For "Do-it-Yourself"ers who do not want a guide but who are unfamiliar with Japan's myriad of buses and trains, we are happy to arrange itineraries, verfiy bus and train schedules, and provide detailed hotel information for a fee.
Need more info?
© 2008 - 2012 -- www.OnsenJapan.net
Disclaimer: All of the info contained in this site is to be used at your own risk, with no implied or express or other such guarantee as to accuracy or safety. Visiting onsen can be dangerous, especially for those with high blood pressure, the intoxicated, or those with other health conditions. Under no circumstances will OnsenJapan.net be held liable for any injury or damage that may occur from use of this information. This site includes user-submitted content (images, text, or both) and includes reviews of onsen establishments, as well as nudity. We are not liable for any damages, real or percieved, that may come from our use of said images or any accompanying text.